Tuesday, December 11, 2012

City Council Meeting Went Well!

The city council meeting that we went to went really well!  Click here for a link to the video.  All day yesterday I spent making my speech and perfecting it. Then at about five my mom and I went to Atlanta Bread.  Two People showed up for the pre-meeting meeting, we talked for a bit then they went and signed up to be part of public comment. While we were walking out of the restaurant to follow them someone tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I was the girl trying to save the prairie dogs. It was so cool! Someone who I did not know but who recognized me! We talked for a bit then ran out to the car and drove to the council building as quick as was allowed by speed limits. We signed up then found good seats and sat down. Shortly after it started it was time for public comment.  I walked up to the podium and stood on my toes to reach the microphone.  It was like being in a court room with the judge looking down at you (I only know what that is like from movies, don't worry I am not a criminal!) I was nervous but I knew just to keep reading.  I finished quickly and went back to my seat. After a while of listening to zoning stuff my mom and I managed to escape. While walking out someone started a conversation about prairie dogs. It was so cool to be recognized as the girl saving the prairie dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment