Sunday, December 2, 2012

Introduction to the Prairie Dog Blog


Hello my name is Arwen Smith, I live in Lakewood Colorado near an ex prairie dog town.
This is a blog trying to help the prairie dogs of Colorado. Recently a whole city of prairie dogs near my home was poisoned and thrown away. A bunch of trucks came in and filled up their holes all because some neighbors called in to complain about a few holes in their yards. Soon this is going to happen in Longmont Colorado about two hours away from my house.  I do not want this to happen again!  Throughout this blog I will record my success and failures in saving the prairie dogs.  My goal is to get the president to make a law against killing prairie dogs in the US or at least a law in Colorado against killing the tiny human like rodents!
                The thing that makes these rodents the ones I want to save is the fact that they are really just like little furry human beings! They live in societies called prairie dog towns. They have organized little homes which have: bathrooms, bedrooms, and barking rooms where they can alert other prairie dogs of a danger without leaving the protection of their hole. They even have trash cans! Well, really extra holes that they fill with nut shells and stuff like that.  These little rodents even play with each other and work together and hug each other. You must want to help these people and you are doing so right now just by looking at this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment