Thursday, December 13, 2012

My appearance to talk about the prairie dogs on KDVR's Everyday show

As some of you may know Prairie Dog Blog and its writer were interviewed on television, again! It was really fun! That morning I got into the car and my mom drove me to the big television studio. We spent a while waiting down at the front desk then Nick the intern came down and brought us up to the green room.  I had expected a green room to be like a green house and have walls made of glass or something like that. Unfortunately it was only a room with green walls. In the green room there was one of those mirrors surrounded in light bulbs that they have in movies about famous people!  In the green room there was a TV that my mom and I watched the beginning of the Everyday Show. After a little while Nick came back in and took us into this big room full of sets! There was a kitchen and a living room and a big green screen as well as a lot of other things all in one room. Previously I thought it was a bunch of different rooms that were not sets but real rooms.

We sat down in some chairs and watched the very people we had been watching on a television only a few seconds before. One of the guys was wearing a pair of hobbit feet slippers!  We watched them talk about silly toys that poop candy and other stuff then a commercial break and they started talking to us. then there was the next chunk of news and stuff, during the next commercial break they had me put on a strange microphone that goes in my shirt and clips onto my collar. When the commercial break ended they started talking about some news stuff then started talking to me about prairie dogs. It was fun and I was a lot less nervous than I thought I would be. When we got home I suddenly got really tired and nearly fell asleep.

Thank you so much to Natalie and Chris the hosts of KVDR's Everyday show. And to Mary the producer for including me. And to my friend (you know who you are) for telling the media about me. Also when the video is available I will post it here.

1 comment:

  1. I like your description of the tv studio - it's very cluttered and weird, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete